If you are considering taking a Reiki class, it’s important to know that the attunement you will receive is a profound spiritual healing that cleanses the body, mind, emotions, and spirit. Initiation into the healing art begins a powerful cleansing process that releases toxins and negativity and often lasts for 21 days. Keeping this is mind, some students choose to prepare themselves in advance. This is not at all necessary, but may provide an easier transition afterwards. As always, it’s important to follow your intuition when making decisions.
Removing toxins from your diet and lifestyle will help minimize detox symptoms (headaches, digestive upset, fatigue, aches and pains) and allow you to more fully channel Reiki healing energy. The purer your system is, the higher vibration your energy is, and this creates a clearer channel for Reiki to flow through. Once again, this is completely optional, but will boost your ability if you feel guided to do so. Some students, myself included, decide to implement these suggestions into lifestyle changes to supercharge their Reiki abilities. Your intuition will let you know what is best for you.
Consider reducing or eliminating for a minimum of three days prior to your attunement unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from doing so:
- all animal products due to the toxins, hormones, and antibiotics found in these foods
- coffee and caffeine
- processed foods
- alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana
- sugar, sweets, and chocolate
- TV, radio, and newspapers especially media portrayal of violence
Consider adding to your daily routine as much as possible:
- meditation, or quiet time for contemplation
- fresh, organic, local fruits and vegetables, especially leafy greens
- moderate exercise
- time in nature
- meaningful connections with loved ones
- gratitude practice (write three things you’re thankful for each night in a journal)
- adequate rest
- creative expression (sing, dance, paint, play, write poetry- whatever makes your heart sing!)
I suspect that once the initial discomfort of making the transition passes, you will notice an improvement in your overall energy, mood, and comfort level. You might even notice that it feels really good to only choose healthy, high vibrational foods and activities. If you’re like me, you’ll begin to feel the negative impact of toxins and heavy emotions and opt to avoid them when possible. Or, you might have no interest at all in this process, and that’s perfectly fine as well. Reiki operates through the intentional activation of anyone who has received an attunement from a Reiki Master. These suggestions are just icing on the cake.