I’ve had a bit of extra time the last several months to indulge in one of my all-time favorite pleasures. Books! I’m dropping the titles of a few that have been significantly meaningful below. Please consider shopping at your local bookstore, perhaps Big Blue Marble if you’re in Mt. Airy. They need your support much more so than the richest man on the planet.
I’d rather spend my time reading them than writing about them, but I will say that these gems have provided me with tools that have contributed greatly to my mental and emotional wellness at a time when the world seems very opposed to such things. Taking a break from the news and social media to attend to your inner landscape can be remarkably empowering.
- Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Rick Hanson, PhD
- Change Me Prayers: The Hidden Power of Spiritual Surrender, Tosha Silver
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself, Michael Singer
- The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity, Julia Cameron
- If Women Rose Rooted: A Journey to Authenticity and Belonging, Sharon Blackie
- The Three “Only” Things: Tapping the Power of Dreams, Coincidence, and Imagination, Robert Moss
- Belonging: Remembering Ourselves Home, Toko- pa Turner